A nice new family



This spring we were at a friends property and dug up some wild unnamed cactus. One we planted in a pot, the other just dumped in a pot awaiting proper place to plant it in. Well, it was a good thing because a wren decided the "loosely planted cactus" made a perfect nest for them. When we 1st noticed it, she liked to have scared me to death. I walked by and she/he flew out at me. I wasn't expecting it at all. She had 5 eggs and they hatched this last week. Just a ball of feathers........lol. I did get some pictures of them this week. We have been watching them going in and out of the nest with food and while both were gone, I used a flashlight to get a better look. I hope you can see the babies. This shelf is right next to our back door. She/he burrowed under the roots, and don't seem to mind us too much.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home