Extraordinary Easter





Yes, we did have a Easter Surprise! It snowed.................Pictures enclosed to prove it. Saturday it got cold. Then the snow started, nice big wet flakes. All together we got 4 inches. I tried to take pictures of it all but I just got a few. I kept setting my camera down and forgetting it. We were with out lights off and on late in the evening so we just gave it up early. Easter morning we looked out to see a true winter wonderland. Too bad it wasn't Christmas. We had brought in most of the plants so at least we didn't lose them. We hosted Easter dinner for some of the family. I did 4 pork tenderloins, a potato salad and beans and sausage.
Not very traditional but very very good.
Our sons house was sold Saturday!!!! They are so excited. The new owners want to move in as soon as possible, so the dinner was moved here. Son, wife, and all 3 of their kids, babies and husbands were here. I got to hold the precious girls and watch them playing. The eldest, Shelby had an egg hunt in our hall way..........lol. She knew just what to do too. She had 2 candies in her hand and didn't want to put them in her basket..... So cute crawling after her prize! And again, I didn't take pictures. Dumb me.
Jessica provided a scrumptious dessert, as soon as I get the full recipe I will include it here. She just gave me a general list of what was in it......... Believe me, it is sooooooooo good.
Back to the snow, we lost a branch from our Ash tree in the front and it flattened a ceder tree and some shrubs in the back but other wise no real damage. I fired up the gas grill to do the sausage, in the midst of snow still on the patio table and Cold!
1 Comments:
Just wanted to let you no that I figured out the blog. Shows how much computor knowledge I have. I will be spending some time going through all the pics and archives.
We also experienced some cold weather and snow on easter. We were limited on things to do since we had already packed the winter wear away. Guess we can't do that in Colorado. Looking forward to warmer weather.
Mark
By
Anonymous, at 12:10 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home