Nearly done.
We have been very busy getting ready for Christmas. Hubby has been out in the yard cleaning dead plants and chasing leaves. He goes out about every other day raking leaves. And our yard is full of trees! We have a few with leaves still. That's not counting the sycamore tree next door.
He can't stand seeing them all over. Today he cleaned the fence line, the canana's and the trees that grow on the fence line every year. He hates to think someone would think he was lazy.
I have been making beef jerky. Lots of it. The kids and grandkids would probably hate me if I didn't make it. It's been a tradition for years that it would be part of the Christmas giving. This year, not counting me or the very small ones, I will have 14 bags full. I have also made 2 pans of fudge. Tomorrow I will make one more batch of jerky and start the cookie making.
I ordered the hot tamales for Christmas eve. We will have the tamales, beans, queso, vegie platter, fruit, chip/dips and of course all the candy and cookies.
because our family has grown so much we have 2 different families each day. Sunday will be our 3rd son, Tim, and his family as well as Adam, Sarah and Cipriano. Christmas day Carol, Becky and grandson will be here. The granddaughtes will drop in during the day, each will go to their husbands family for the most of the day. It seems strange. I remember so well when we had EVERYONE HERE. Now we will miss far too many.
He can't stand seeing them all over. Today he cleaned the fence line, the canana's and the trees that grow on the fence line every year. He hates to think someone would think he was lazy.
I have been making beef jerky. Lots of it. The kids and grandkids would probably hate me if I didn't make it. It's been a tradition for years that it would be part of the Christmas giving. This year, not counting me or the very small ones, I will have 14 bags full. I have also made 2 pans of fudge. Tomorrow I will make one more batch of jerky and start the cookie making.
I ordered the hot tamales for Christmas eve. We will have the tamales, beans, queso, vegie platter, fruit, chip/dips and of course all the candy and cookies.
because our family has grown so much we have 2 different families each day. Sunday will be our 3rd son, Tim, and his family as well as Adam, Sarah and Cipriano. Christmas day Carol, Becky and grandson will be here. The granddaughtes will drop in during the day, each will go to their husbands family for the most of the day. It seems strange. I remember so well when we had EVERYONE HERE. Now we will miss far too many.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home