looking at my garden upside down

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

dish update

I posted my tale about our cable woes this morning.
This afternoon I called the dish company about our order. Mmmmmm surprise. Our equiptment will arrive tomorrow. THEN they hit us with a surprise. All was as stated, except we should get a warrenty, for $ 67 + for 2 years (payable now) or be faced with a charge of $70 for each call to our house if they should have to come out. I told them just to cancel the order. I was handed over to a supervisor who talked me back into getting the dish any way. 45 min. LOL I decided that based on the performance of the people across the streets dishes that we would probably not have a serious problem. Fingers crossed!!! Hubby wasn't too happy about it. Actually neither was I but we would lose our 'free' shipping and have to pay to return the equiptment. I did without the warrenty. More later.

1 Comments:

  • grr! that always happens! the cable/internet out here cost me an extra $40 to transfer it to another location! then when we decided to get cable TV it cost us $60 in installtion fees when all the guy did was put in a splicer-thingy and hooked the cable to my TV. what companies do to get money out of ya! that's why we've been without TV for so long!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home