looking at my garden upside down

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Taking the big step

This last week we have had quite a bit of problems with our cable (tv). I called of course. Then I had to wait 31 minutes to actually talk to some one. Of course it couldn't be fixed at the support center. They promised to send someone out-----the next day. They did, late afternoon. Of course the problem had cleared by then, they couldn't see any problem. Ok, being a person of no technical ability, I had to accept their answer. Sunday, the same problem popped up, we could barely see the program. I called again, 26 min. holding. Same answer, we will send someone out, tomorrow. Late Monday another technician came out. His little machine told him we didn't have a problem, I assured him that we DID. He went out and changed something and lo and behold we have very nice reception.
By this time we were thoroughly disgusted and I called Direct Tv to have the dish installed. I know we will have some interuption of service during storms, but it has to be better than what we have had lately. And, best of all, we will save about $40. per month. So, some time this week we will have to learn a whole new system but I think we can handle it.
The only problem this week is that we will have to hang around waiting for the installation. Hopefully, they will call as promised and set a day and time.
I will keep you informed of the progress

1 Comments:

  • i love the time frame that companies give you...between 12 and 7...ooook! so you have to wait around for them to show up 5 'til 7! grr!

    my disposer broke so my landlady sends a plumber (the same day i tell her of the problem) who was supposed to be here between 11 and 2. he shows up at 10 and i was just barely able to get my clothes on! dishes from breakfast were still in the sink!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home