looking at my garden upside down

Sunday, July 16, 2006

It's too hot to do what we did!

Hi all, the weather is doing it's usual thing. Getting hotter and dryer every day.
Today we went to Dallas to get some of my daughters things. They are items she doesn't need or want any more. She will be moving next week and wanted them out so she could concentrate on the rest. We had light traffic going up. Actually got there earlier than we expected. We had a welcome cup of coffee then went shopping. We went to Central Market where we got some of their famous cinnamon raisin bread, some really good cherry tomatoes and some of the bulk spices that we love. From there we went to Michaels again and again didn't buy any thing. (I must be sick) She took us to Mariano's a great Mexican food place. We went back to her apt. and after a rest, we loaded all her stuff. It filled the back seat and the bed of the truck! We made it home, plenty of traffic. Now we have to find places to keep her stuff until its time to give a garage sale again. Fun fun fun.......
I know I will have to try the garage sale thing again. I have too much stuff!!! I will probably wait until after the wedding, probably in October. It should be cooler then (at least I hope so)
Speaking of the wedding. It really is coming together now. Thanks to my wonderful granddaughter and her step dad, we now have a Mariachi band. The food was ordered, the decoration have been decided upon, not finished though, and the chairs and tables reserved.
Tomorrow, or at least this week we will order the cake. Sarah's bridesmaid is providing the grooms cake. I will try very hard to have all the decorations done with in the next 2 weeks. Then comes the heavy duty cleaning! I admit, I am a slob most of the time. So heavy duty is really what I mean! And heavy duty hiding....lol All the things I keep out most of the time will have to be hidden away. With that many people here, uhhhhh....help!!! A 3 bedroom small house that used to hold 6-7 people can barely hold 2 now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home