looking at my garden upside down

Saturday, March 04, 2006

spring fever

I really have it bad! The weather has been so spring like that we keep wanting to start our garden. We do have the onions planted, but even though the stores have tomato plants and beautiful flowers we are going to wait. Texas weather has a way of laughing at you.
I did go to a nursery to look at plants and I actually felt the pull. We only bought spaghnum moss and iron for a tree that is needing it. I looked so longingly that my hubby just shook his head......lol.
This weekend we took a trip to a water garden store about 50 miles from here. I talked hubby into getting more koi to start replacing the ones we lost. We got the smaller ones for now. But he is excited about having them back. Our koi that we lost were well over 16". Those are quite expensive.
I kept going around the yard looking at new places to dig. Some of the purple coneflowers are starting to grow, the daffodils in the back are all up and either blooming or getting ready to. One shrub that I thought we had lost is leafing out! Hooray!! I still have to find places for new things though. I love a crowded full look for my garden.
Bare spots bother me.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home