looking at my garden upside down

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Fishing!

We are blessed in Texas. The Parks and Wildlife stock rainbow trout in lakes, pond and streams all over the state. We have been taking advantage of the area stocking. We are allowed 5 per person. They are soooooooo good to eat. I so enjoy sitting on the bank catching them.
At times someone will bring their kids to fish. The problem is that nearly everyone brings them with bass fishing equiptment. Trout like very small hooks and small baits. We often give them hooks, bait and advice on how to catch them. It's very nice to see their smiles when they catch their 1st trout. I can't stand it when parents are willing to let the kids be dissapointed. Some don't know better, but others do and they are the ones that tick me off.
Conversely, I dislike kids who almost demand that you help. Begging for bait, hooks, and in one case even your rod and reel! I admit that I favor the young ones. Under 7-8. By the way, most of the newspapers print a list of the type of bait, hooks etc. needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home