Self portrait
Actually I have been thinking of this since I joined. Where to begin?
I guess it would be easier to work from the early me. I was 15 when I met the man in my life. At 16 we were married 1956, at San Luis Obispo Ca. Did not have too, we were just in love and too impatient to wait. Hubby (Carol) came from a broken home, a mildly disfunctional family. I came from a solid family. Neither one of us had a dime to our name. It must have been the right thing because we are still together and still very much in love.
We were married by a Judge with just my parents and his mother. Simple ceremony. Carol was in the army stationed at Camp Roberts, Ca. I became the housewife and a year later a mother. He didn't want me to work and I took him up on it. When I became pregnant to our joy, he re-enlisted in the army, mostly because the jobs were not available and for security.
I loved being a mom and wife. We moved back to my home town when he went to Alaska. While he was there I made friends and found comfort in the fact that he was trying desperatly to get me authorized to join him. I was able to go finally and he found a trailer with a cabin built on to it at Delta Junction Alaska. Our son, Carol Jr. was just 10mos old. I had the job of packing all our worldly goods, making all the arrangements and getting to the airport. How scary that was! My sister, bless her, drove me. I didn't even know how to drive!
I loved Alaska!!!! We both loved to fish, to walk old trails and to hunt. I didn't get to hunt but got to eat the game. We made many friends and when I became pregnant with Mark, I actually had a baby shower! We left in 1960 not too long after Mark was born. I still miss Alaska.
I guess it would be easier to work from the early me. I was 15 when I met the man in my life. At 16 we were married 1956, at San Luis Obispo Ca. Did not have too, we were just in love and too impatient to wait. Hubby (Carol) came from a broken home, a mildly disfunctional family. I came from a solid family. Neither one of us had a dime to our name. It must have been the right thing because we are still together and still very much in love.
We were married by a Judge with just my parents and his mother. Simple ceremony. Carol was in the army stationed at Camp Roberts, Ca. I became the housewife and a year later a mother. He didn't want me to work and I took him up on it. When I became pregnant to our joy, he re-enlisted in the army, mostly because the jobs were not available and for security.
I loved being a mom and wife. We moved back to my home town when he went to Alaska. While he was there I made friends and found comfort in the fact that he was trying desperatly to get me authorized to join him. I was able to go finally and he found a trailer with a cabin built on to it at Delta Junction Alaska. Our son, Carol Jr. was just 10mos old. I had the job of packing all our worldly goods, making all the arrangements and getting to the airport. How scary that was! My sister, bless her, drove me. I didn't even know how to drive!
I loved Alaska!!!! We both loved to fish, to walk old trails and to hunt. I didn't get to hunt but got to eat the game. We made many friends and when I became pregnant with Mark, I actually had a baby shower! We left in 1960 not too long after Mark was born. I still miss Alaska.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home