looking at my garden upside down

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Daffodils

I have daffodils ready to bloom! I love them. Ones that have not bloomed in years because of shade are now nearly ready to burst out. We took out a shrub that was in bad shape and opened a spot for the daffodils to get sun for once. We have most of them returned in the back yard, but they aren't ready to bloom yet. I will get pics of the ones in the front as soon as possible. I think we lost some plants due to a drought. I have my fingers crossed. A myrtle tree died, but shoots are coming up from the base. We will give it tender care. We watered 2-3 times a week but never can replace water lost deep down. Our water bill was outrageous! Hopefully we can make up the deficit this spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home