



Wow! What a week we have had! Tues. the 6th Hubby's niece and her friend(from California) came by. They had been in San Antonio. Niece's son was getting a divorce from his wife(who wanted to hang in to get the allotment check. He is in Afghanistan. Stephanie. went down to make sure she didn't get any thing. They hadn't been together but 2 wks over a 3 year time spread. Stephanie was afraid she would come in and lie. (she didn't show up) but that feeling that she wasn't through, was a nagging worry. Being a great mom she is, made sure it was over, over, over.
When they got here, we had such a good time!!! Penny, the friend was wonderful, she also became our friend too. We sat outside till night just talking and laughing. We toured Crawford, where they bought souvenirs and had a great time. That week was just before the President's daughter was getting married. When we got back home, I cooked a full Texas BBQ. (glad to say that the brisket was so tender, the sausage was great and so was everything else. I cooked while Stephanie and Penny went touring Killeen and Gatesville. Our son Carol and his wife Becky joined us for supper, which we ate on the Patio. The weather which had been drizzly and yuck turned TERRIFIC.
Thursday morning we were sitting outside and having coffee. They had to start the return back home that morning. While they were still here, Justin our grandson and his friend Justin stopped by. What a treat!!
Saturday our Granddaughter Kelly graduated from Temple College! She is a dental hygienist. What a beautiful girl. She will be getting married in August. I got just 2 pictures. I gave Tim, her Dad the batteries from my Camera. Hopefully Joan (mom) will send me copies of the pics they took.
Mothers day started slow, then got great!
Becky, our daughter in law, stopped by and told me I had to go with her. Of course I did, just change out of a cruddy old blouse, still in shorts. I went with her not knowing what she had in her mind. We drove to a line of stores near our Wal Mart. She took me to get a pedicure and a manicure(The 1st pedicure I had ever had!) That was pure heaven!!!!! I will go often now.................. Massage chair, great lady doing my nails and feet. I felt so pampered.
The kids all called too. Hubby had gotten me a beautiful Yellow Hibiscus the week before.
I would have taken pics of my feet, but who would see how special I felt. Thanks to Becky and Carol for being so sweet. I loved it.
Shanna, my Granddaughter in Kuwait sent me a beautiful necklace. Its a silver wire bird nest with Dalmatian Jasper bird eggs. She and her hubby sent it and were so worried that it might not make it before Mothers' day. It did, while we had company, and I was very late it letting her know how pretty and unusual it was. I had Penny take a pic of me wearing it. Not close enough but I am so proud of it. More later, internet is not being nice
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home