Weekend trip to FtWorth/Dallas








Here are a few pictures of our Wonderful trip to see our kids and attend Garage sales plus the Farmers Market in Dallas. I believe the pictures will give you an Idea of which goes to which.
Carol and Becky (bless their hearts) drove their suburban. We got to Ft. Worth a little after 8AM Saturday morning. Sarah and Cipriano met us there and we spent close to 5 hours walking around the neighborhoods loading up on some super buys. Everyone found something to purchase!!! All at SUPER prices. Carol and Becky really found great buys. I am sure Becky will post her buys on her blog, but I will still list the great ones here. They found a very very nice kitchen table and 4 chairs, 2 little tykes, a play house and a car. Plus tons of Baby clothes for the new baby on the way. I won't begin to list all, but needless to say they were very happy with the sales.
Adam, Sarah and I just picked up odds and ends. My big buy was a nice length of uphol. material and 5 big boxes of quart and pint size jars, I will use them in crafts. All the boxes were just eight dollars. Some craft paint a huge box of baby diapers, wipes and baby laundry soap. Sarah saved hers for some bonsai dishes. Adam bought a cane made of plexiglass and some odds and ends
All in all we really lucked out. After lunch at Benito's (authentic mexican food) we rested then went to Central Market. Another place Carol and Becky had never been to....It's a high end grocery. Similar to Whole Foods. Great meat/seafood, plus everything else. The Deli is to die for. Super Wine collections and Great cut flowers............That day they were celebrating cooking out doors. Chefs were cooking for customers out side, while a musician was playing guitar and singing. Very nice!!!
We went home with Sarah and Cipriano. On the way we stopped and visited Hong Kong an Oriental super market..........Another WOW place.
Next day, we waited for the others to get to Sarah's and after coffee and pastries we went to the Farmers Market. Pictures will allow you to see some of it. I couldn't get a picture of the veg. and fruit vendors. WAY WAY too crowded. One can eat a meal there with the samples they hand out. In fact this evening we had a meal using just the vegies we got there. Awesome corn on the cob, fresh, fresh spinach both steamed and in a salad w/cucumbers, onions and tomato's....yummy. I have been trying to get this finished and posted half the day, so while ahead I will post and continue some tomorrow.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home