Easter




Hope everyone had a great Easter! Ours was a mixed bag. Carol got sick Friday nite and still isn't feeling very good. Adam, Sarah and Cipriano came down Saturday morning. We were so happy to see them. The 1st thing they wanted was Fat Ernies. I ordered them when they called from Temple. Yummy!!!! We then loaded into the truck and went to Temple to a nursery. Last week we had gone and they had spectacular fern hanging baskets (then priced at 25.) however when we went they were now priced at 39. Needless to say, we didn't buy any. We did go to Home Depot and got 2 Texas Sage plants to replace the "dead or dying" ones. Sarah paid for one, we paid for the other.
Cipriano is fighting allergies and as Sarah says, "its kicking his butt".
For supper I made Chicken Fried steak, mashed potatoes and green beans.
For breakfast Easter morning, we had biscuits, sausage, and scrambled eggs. I put an absolutly scrumptious ham in the oven just about 9am and had the rest almost ready for the big meal. Sarah did the deviled eggs. I made the Smithfield ham, which I said was the BEST I've ever had. We had potato salad, ham, asparagras, jello eggs, deviled eggs, vegies and dill dip. Ate until we nearly exploded, then we had strawberry shortcake for desert. A veritable feast. Carol still wasn't feeling very well so we did have leftovers which Sarah and Cipriano took home.
In between, Jennifer, Joey and Shelby stopped by. I had made Easter treats for the Gr grands (picture!) Jennifer cut Sarahs hair, and we sat outside it was so nice. It was so cute to hear Shelby calling after Sarah all day. The last time they were here, Shelby ignored Sarah all together, this time she became Shelby's best friend!!!
Later in the day Jessica, Scott and Annalise came over. Annalise had just woken up. Such a cutie! She has learned to say "no" very well and mean it! I did get one of Annalise and Jessica, just ONE.
By the time they arrived my batteries had died for the camera, and Sarah had used my last 2 for her camera, hopefully she will post pics on her blog.
All in all, Easter was nice, too bad 2 were sick. Cipriano, poor thing, did go out and plant the sage and moved to suckers from a crape myrtle to a better location. I did tell him to forget it, but he is the kind that would do it anyway. I believe he prefers to be working.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home