Happy 4th of July
Actually I am a little depressed today. I just hate not having family and friends over for our BBQ. I know we did the right thing by not having it. Our yard is so wet, we would have had a mud bath when it was over. No rain so far, we drove through a little when we went sightseeing to the lake but none here. We did go to the parade, which was nice and to the concessions set up in the park. The crowd seemed to be as big as ever.
Later we went to eat some fried chicken and out to the lake. It's 28' high. Neary to the spillway. All the lakes are WAY above the normal levels. Only one boat ramp on the whole lake is open. There were quite a few boats on the lake today, I suspect they were from the marina boat slips.
Several friends and families called too. I think we are all having withdrawls from lack of a picnic..........lol
I read Shanna's blog about the bbq and nearly cried..............
I figure we will have to have a similar picnic later this year. Maybe that will make me feel better.
Later we went to eat some fried chicken and out to the lake. It's 28' high. Neary to the spillway. All the lakes are WAY above the normal levels. Only one boat ramp on the whole lake is open. There were quite a few boats on the lake today, I suspect they were from the marina boat slips.
Several friends and families called too. I think we are all having withdrawls from lack of a picnic..........lol
I read Shanna's blog about the bbq and nearly cried..............
I figure we will have to have a similar picnic later this year. Maybe that will make me feel better.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home