looking at my garden upside down

Monday, June 04, 2007

It's a weaher event again


Oh, I do love Texas weather. Yesterday afternoon, we were sitting out side enjoying the sun. Out of nowhere we heard clap of thunder, a strong one. We had a few clouds about and off in the distance you could notice the dark ones, but not near us.
We went in the house, me on computer(where else) hubby watching westerns (again, where else). Listening to the radio, they anounced that N. Bell county was under a T. Storm warning. Not near us at all, moving east said the radio. Thunder again and closer that it should have been, so I began to shut down the computer. If yours is like mine, it takes it's sweet time. Hubby called out that it was raining, HARD. He rushed out to roll the window up on the truck, my puter finally shut down, I unplugged and rushed out to get the patio seats. They were already wet but not soaked. Then the Hail hit!!! quarter to 50 cent size. Really coming hard, bouncing off the house, the truck and everything else. I tried to get a picture out the front door but mostly the flash caught the hail. Then, ready to take another and a flash of nearby lightning flash and I missed another chance to get a pic. I wasn't going to even think about trying for another. The hail lasted another 5-10 min. then began to rain. We got less than an inch this time but the lightning kept up till nearly midnight. Our dish for our tv went out twice, but came back fairly quickly. The rain had slowed down, so we just veg'ed out.
Today we went to check for damage and fortunatly none was noted except for leaves from the tree that had been knocked off by the hail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home