looking at my garden upside down

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Garden news






















The rain has held off for most of the day today, however we are still saturated. We had planned to put up our new arch today but the ground is just too wet. Last week, before all the rain, I went out and took pictures of our new "art" for our yard. The tree 'seat' is my favorite right now. I was thinking of just getting some cheap pillows to place on it, although its rather comfortable if you don't sit too long. lol


You can see the arch, I think it's very pretty. The David Banks rose will go over it. We will have to do some trimming and tying and next spring it will be beautiful. Hopefully the wind won't blow this one down. You can see the canna's with the buds. They are all bloomed out now with so many more ready to bud. I love them. They cover up the back yard neighbor's yard. Nice people but NOT yard people. They just barely mow the grass. Plus they have dogs and never pick up after them. Actually, we need to do quite a bit of gardening ourselves. With hubby not able to do as much as usual and I can't do too much myself, we have neglected too much. We did take some time and cleaned the vacant spot (called an alley by some) of hackberry trees and trash. It looks so much better. The land doesn't belong to any one so it's a haven for the "jungle" look. I will try to get some more pictures as everything starts to bloom.


Our patio tomatoes are looking good. One is a full size the other cherry tomatoes. If we get some sun hopefully they will ripen. The pictures wound up at the top, not real good pics but hey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home