New Update
I wrote in my blog earlier about hubby's new medicine he recieved today, well, he had a big problem with it. We got home about 2PM this after noon, he complained that he was cold, he had chills, then fever along with a bad headache. After talking to my daughter, we decided that hubby should go to the ER. And amazingly, he agreed. Lucky he did. At the ER they did a bunch of tests and decided he was having a reaction to the meds. White cell count was nearly gone. He still had a fever, so they put him on massive IV rounds of anti biotic and decided to put him in the hospital. Carol and Becky came over for support just as they were wheeling him to the ward. The doctor on call, said he thought it was indeed just an adverse reaction, rare, but one of several that were noted on the meds. They will keep him overnight and through the day for evaluation. But probably will let him go in the afternoon. They will confer with the Oncolagist for further decisions. If I didn't call the family, forgive. I didn't have reception for most of the later evening. Sarah called Carol and Becky, and Adam. I called Joan and she called Tim, who came after work. I am so tired this evening I can't even think straight. I promise to call everyone in the morning. My phone will be charged up then. New update: Hubby feels great, looks great, however the Dr. want to keep him one more night in order to check blood cultures. We both hate it, but it is best that he stays until we are sure the infection is under control. I have tried to keep everyone informed as has my daughter.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home