looking at my garden upside down

Friday, May 25, 2007

A little news

Last night we went to our granddaughters HS graduation. Nice and quick ceremony. It was over in 2 hours. Extremely noisy!!! If it wasn't rain pouring down over the roof of the dome, it was those that insisted on bringing, DESPITE WRITTEN PLEAS, air horns. LOUD obnoxious ones. They blasted at each of their friends or relatives. Because of the way each name was read, (rather quickly because of the large class) you could easily miss your friend or family name. I have to explain here, the Bell County Expo is a domed facility that is used for nearly all of the high school graduations of the larger schools. Its a great place, holding over 10,000 on lookers so everyone could see the ceremony. Twin screens showed close ups of the graduates and the whole thing was being shown in Iraq and Afghanistan to the troops there. I feel for those troops, because the airhorns disrupted the sound. I have complained before about this to no avail. My solution----- find the horns, confiscate them and have the offender escorted out. If, the offenders wish to stay, have them pay a $100 fine, give up the noise makers and we could all have some peace and quiet. I am very proud of 90% of the crowd there, they were respectful. The rest were unbelievably rude! Due to safty concerns, after the ceremony was over, all were funneled out to the hall way. Egad! that was like putting all the participants of a Dallas Football game in one area.............YOU could not even move...................We fortunatly saw our granddaughter and got to give a hug and a congrats. She rushed off before we could give her our card, so we chased her down. We didn't even see our son and DIL, nor our neighbors who had a son graduating also. It was a let down for me. Sorry I am complaining, but thats the way I feel,.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home