looking at my garden upside down

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Pride is showing.

My Granddaughter, Pink Trees(Shanna) told me last week of her plans. I was very good about keeping it to myself until she announced it to all. Not that she asked me to, I just am not that much of a gossip or story teller. I just didn't want to tell it, fearing getting information wrong.
I am taking this opportunity to tell her how proud I am of her decision. In some ways she is like me. I was always more than ready to head off in odd directions to follow my hubby. (Army)
I am a firm believer in being with your husband whenever possible.
The places were wonderful. We learned a lot about other states and countries, dabbled in language and met super people. I heartily agree with her decision. I look forward to hearing her describe her new life. With Jerrett being so young, he will be far more adaptable. I Pray that the plans work for them.
I know that she will get some "sour grapes" attitude, but fortunatly she is very strong and will do what is right for her family.
I got quite a bit of 'sour grapes' myself. How can I just pack up and go off by myself w/1 then w/3 kids on my own. We had no idea what we would find, how come hubby couldn't be there to help, how dare he expect us to pack and go by plane/ship/ all by myself. He would be finding us suitable housing. Did I think he would find something I would like? All of this expressed by family members that I Loved and respected. (not my mom and dad) Well I did it, glad I did and would do it again. The boys needed their dad and I needed him too. One day I will have to relate all our adventures. As wonderful as Shanna can write we should have some great reads in the future. Go for it Shanna and never regret it. I love you and your independence so much.
Written with love,
Grandma

2 Comments:

  • I'M MOVING TO MEXICO!!

    By Blogger SunflowerRain, at 11:06 AM  

  • aww grandma!! i'm all teary!! that was so sweet! thank you for writing this!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home