Backyard surprise


This morning we noticed a hawk sitting in our yard. I thought it was sitting on it's prey. I went to get my camera and much to my surprise, I actually got close enough to take a decent picture.
We see hawks here from time to time because we feed the birds and they feed on them.
Later, the hawk was still there and I began to worry. I went out and sure enough, the hawk was unable to fly. I believe it may have injured his wing. It has moved all over the yard but all on foot. I called the Texas Parks and Wildlife dept. but the person was alone in the office and asked me to call back in the morning if the hawk was still here. Hawks are protected here and I would hate to see something happen to it. I will try to let you know what happened to it later.
*********update**********
Sorry to tell you that this evening, while checking on the hawk, we found it had died.
We have no way of knowing how long it had been hurt, so it may have starved. So sad. It was a beautiful bird.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home