Garage sales


We had such a good time today. We even made a little money! Not as much as I had hoped but we took so little and they we specific to crafters. We will have to give a garage sale ourselves next month.
We got to Ft. Worth a little after 8AM. The sales were all over the place. We set our stuff out and had a cup of coffee with our son and daughter. They stayed to make sales and we set out to see what we could find. There were soo many nice things and I resisted temptation. I did find a few things but for the most part we just looked. The trouble is that I had no more room to put anything if I DID find something........lol. We parked the truck and walked down and back then moved on to the next block. Some of the time hubby drove to the next and I walked. Everyone was so friendly and nice and the weather was perfect. Windy as all get out but cool. In fact I wore a jacket most of the time. I found a very cute wall clock made out of a yellow ladle that would go perfect in my son's kitchen. Too bad I didn't take a picture of it. We got 2 bar stools that were very cheap and we can re-sell them at ours. One sushi cookbook, several books and some crafty things.
After the sale, we went to a chinese restraunt and had a nice late lunch.
A plant farm sets up every year in front of a large mall. We stopped and got 6 flats of plants. Begonias, zinnia's, impatients, ivy and moss rose. Guess what we will be doing tomorrow?
We got home a little after 5 this evening. Our dog was very glad to see us!
The pictures are of my son's house. It's a craftsman bungalow. Very beautiful. He is in the process of doing some renovations, that seems to be a forever job for him, lol
A side note; Thanks to my generous daughter and son, I didn't actually buy all the plants mentioned above. Sarah purchased 2 flats for us. One of Ivy and one of the begonia's. Adam, our son purchased 2 hanging baskets for himself. One a ivy geranium and one of a black sweet potato vine. I kept telling him how much I liked the sweet potato and as we loaded up to leave, he gave me his! What wonderful children we have.
1 Comments:
wow! i've never seen adams house! it's fantastic!!
By
Shanna, at 6:47 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home