looking at my garden upside down

Monday, March 13, 2006

A busy day!

Today was busy doing some maintence around the yard. First to go were the weeds. Dandelions are the worst. We got all of them this time but I assure you there will be many more to follow.
I planted some marigold seeds in 2 pots and set them in the sun.
Then we re-did all the rocks around the ponds (2 of them), removing all the ones already there and putting soil around the edge. We then reset the rocks, hopefully making it better looking. We did some good old fashioned swearing at some of them because they didn't want to sit the way we wanted too. LOL
I decided the trees had leafed out enough to hang some of the hanging baskets. The ones we have now take partial to full shade. The flowering ones will wait for another week or so.
Exciting news. Our David Bankston roses are starting to bloom. Tiny yellow blossoms and the bushes are loaded with bud. We have a antique rose that was from a clipping of hubbys mom's rose. Its a massive bush rose with small pink roses. Just a few are showing right now but by the end of the week and next it should be covered.
I will try to take a good picture of the 2 when they are showing off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home