looking at my garden upside down

Saturday, March 18, 2006

What luck!

The newspaper ran an ad from LOWES that they would be giving clinics all day on planting container gardens. Although I have planted some, I really admire the ones that are done professionally. Hubby and I got up early and headed to our nearest Lowes. We wanted to be at the 1st clinic. They were also offering give-aways. We got there a few min. before the 1st clinic was to begin. Of course NO ONE knew a thing about it. I finally tracked down the manager of the garden dept. SHE didn't know either. She thought that I had mis-read the ad, perhaps from Home depot. She went to make some phone calls. I was persistent!!! I followed her all over the store. They couldn't even find the ad I mentioned. By then I was getting frustrated, as was the manager. They called the newspaper and sure enough, I was right! (thank goodness) Now let me tell you the best deal yet. The manager apologized profusely, which I accepted of course. I about to leave when she offered a plant and fertilizer to make up for our time. The plant up to around $20. At first I told her it wasn't needed, but she insisted! How nice to find a store that actually lives up to their promise of customer satisfaction!!! I brought home a 5 gal. Hardy fern and a lg. bag of fertilizer. I will definitely return to LOWES.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home