looking at my garden upside down

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

New(for me) product review

Last week or two ago I tried for the 1st time the Ziplock steamer bags for the microwave. They are fantastic. Since I usually cook for just 2, any thing that cuts down on the pots and pans is my hero. Corn on the cob is my most favorite. 4 minutes, along with a pat or two of butter and it's perfection. So I went for even more. New red potatoes were next. 7 min. and done! No 30 min. cooking for me. So after going to the grocery store for more goodies to try, I cooked all the meal in the microwave, corn on the cob, broccoli, and cajun style tilapia. All easy to do and NO pans to clean. The tilapia was coated with a quick spray of olive oil and sprinkled with blackened spice. 3 min. and absolutly delicious. Broccoli the same, a shake of salt, a pat of butter and voila! If you haven't tried the ziplock bags, I urge you to. I just found the glad steamer bags and will try them the next time. One thing, the ziplock has a big variety of times to steam, the glad has pictures and french names...............I shall have to figure this one out. Both have recipes but zip lock has quite a bit more. The ziplock bags lay flat while in the microwave while the glad bags are designed to stand up right. I will definatly use these bags often, especially during the hot summer months. Please let me know if you have tried either one and how you feel about them

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home