looking at my garden upside down

Wednesday, September 19, 2007











This last week, we were sitting outside and I noticed a yellow vegetation growing out of the Taro plant. I thought, at 1st glance that it was a dead leaf coming up. When I went to get a closer look I saw that it was a bloom! I took 2 days worth of pictures and watched it open. It didn't open further so these were the only shots I got.
We have had these plants in our ponds for years and I have never seen a bloom! I am not sure if it is common or not, but we feel blessed. For one thing the leaves are huge, and now the bloom. It is an invasive plant. It sends out runners, which plant themselves all over. We just clip them out usually, but miss a few too. They need the moisture so if they land outside a pond they don't survive very long. The small pond is a favorite and we definatly take them out of it.
I hope you enjoy the pictures. Let me know if blooms are usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home