Lucky week!
Last week I started on my luck! Finally! Our home town newspaper (published once a week) runs a football prediction contest. Last week I was the lucky winner! I guessed and only missed 3, which gained me $25. Super, since this last month has drained us of nearly all our reserves.
Then, Saturday morning we were out and about and a talk show was on. We really like it. It's talking to and asking questions of a local lawyer. He runs a contest which I seldom even try. This time, before he even finished the question, I was on the cell phone with the answer. I beat everyone to the draw and answered the question correctly. I won: a book on famous people who had lost money d/t bankruptcy(very easy to read and informative) a T-shirt and best of the best, a FREE overnight stay in a Bed and Breakfast in a touristy type town. Fredricksburg. It has a museum containing items from Admiral Nimitz. Lots of art shows, and tons of antique shops. The town isn't too far from us, in fact a pleasant drive. We are both excited about it. I hope we can go before Nov. Check out its websight to see what we will enjoy: www.barristersguestquarters.com
I will certainly post info when we get to go and keep you posted about the whole weekend.
My best luck is that Thursday, Oct. 5th we will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. The best thing and one I feel so lucky about is that we are still in love! I truly married my best friend.
Then, Saturday morning we were out and about and a talk show was on. We really like it. It's talking to and asking questions of a local lawyer. He runs a contest which I seldom even try. This time, before he even finished the question, I was on the cell phone with the answer. I beat everyone to the draw and answered the question correctly. I won: a book on famous people who had lost money d/t bankruptcy(very easy to read and informative) a T-shirt and best of the best, a FREE overnight stay in a Bed and Breakfast in a touristy type town. Fredricksburg. It has a museum containing items from Admiral Nimitz. Lots of art shows, and tons of antique shops. The town isn't too far from us, in fact a pleasant drive. We are both excited about it. I hope we can go before Nov. Check out its websight to see what we will enjoy: www.barristersguestquarters.com
I will certainly post info when we get to go and keep you posted about the whole weekend.
My best luck is that Thursday, Oct. 5th we will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. The best thing and one I feel so lucky about is that we are still in love! I truly married my best friend.
1 Comments:
oh that's wonderful!! i never win anything!
has my card arrived? i mailed it on thursday so hopefully it has! happy anniversary early and i'll call to wish you both one on the big day! love you!
By
Anonymous, at 1:20 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home