looking at my garden upside down

Sunday, September 17, 2006

I was surprised

Our grandson, Justin, came by Thursday evening to give us tickets to the Temple Symphony concert. He was playing (flute and Piccalo). Of course we went. It was Sat. night. I don't know what I expected, but I was amazed at the talent from a fairly small town( about 45,000) that we were treated to. The program was Mozart and Mahler. They had a guest pianist who was awesome. The music was as professional as any large metropolitan orchestra would have been.
I enjoyed myself! Hubby, on the other hand, would rather be any where else. I will admit to being uncomfortable with the very long selection. The last piece was over an hour long. Even tho the seats were nice, my hind end was protesting.
We were sitting with my DIL, son, granddaughter and her hubby. The place was packed! The audience was appreciative.
All in all it was so nice to soak up some culture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home