busy, but wet Saturday




Saturday, we went to the LILY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL in Cedar Park. The Hill Country Water Gardens has it every year. We became fans last year! They really do a bang up job. Big sales, good food and entertainment. This year we looked forward to it even more. Instead we woke up to drizzle and drove down during a driving rain. It eased off quite a bit and we were relieved, even stopping off at a few garage sales on the way. We arrived just as it opened, and quickly found some bog plants we wanted, buy one, get one free! Just as we started to the cash register, it started to rain, then pour down rain! Ugh!!!! I had gotten one of the wheeled walkers with a built in seat, (which I had resisted, but now love) so I could get around easier with out feeling I would trip or stumble, so was looking forward to the whole day.. After an hour of rain, both heavy and light, we gave up! Terribly dissappointed to be sure. I was looking forward to taking picture of the place but got just 2. Beautiful ponds, fountains, containers of all sizes and shapes (and i wanted them all) Hubby surprised me with an orange hibiscus, Mohers day gift he says.
Hope you can see in the pics. This week is supposed to rain most of the days this week, the yard will love it, so will the water bill! So we have some indoor projects in mind, just in case...........Texas weather is so darn unpredictable!! Even the forcasters don't know for sure
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home